Sunday, October 26, 2008

Best Grammage Ever


Vivian loves the Fancy Nancy books. We read this one several weeks ago and she began earnestly asking for the identical outfit to Fancy Nancy for her 4th Birthday.:


I was torn. On the one hand it was great that she wanted to mimic this literary character instead of some Disney princess, on the other hand, how in the world could I deliver this getup. Then it hit me...... GRAMMAGE. That's right, my mother is a fantastic seamstress, totally creative and only has one granddaughter at this time. So, yes, you can imagine what this led to.

The world's most unsurpassable, unforgettable fourth birthday surprise.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am impressed! It matches Fancy Nancy's outfit right down to the socks and ballet slippers.

Was the Halloween craziness in Hainerberg enough for you?

Alex said...

This get-up and these photos are priceless. The expression on Vivian/Nancy's face is a portrait of childhood joy and assures me of just why child-rearing is the best thing that could ever happen to us. That, and grandmothers, of course.

I keep looking at Viv in these shots and know exactly why we go to great lengths to make these wonderful kids happy.

How did the name "Grammage" come about? I love it.

I also love that the toes of Viv's ballet slippers are scuffed. The mark of a happy kid on the move! This is the stuff of childhood.