Thursday, October 30, 2008

Kurbis

That is the German word for pumpkin. The way Viv got to pick out her pumpkin this year was so cool. German farmers just leave them in carts alongside the road. You pick your pumpkin and leave your Euros in the locked cash box.
Such trust! I would like to think that such a system could work in the States but I am not sure. The German farmers even leave it up to the customer to decide whether the kurbis is "gros" or "klein" (big or small) and then pay the correct amount accordingly. Cool, ja?

3 comments:

Samantha said...

She is so cute I love kids they always put a smile on my face I have two kids too.

Alex said...

Just lovely. I would have picked the "gros" kurbi in the Graco carseat. Hands down.

AWOL Mommy said...

he is gros, for sure, and his cloth diapers get even grosser