Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day


You know, as I typed the title to this post I paused - as I always do with this holiday - to consider the grammatically correct spot for the apostrophe. You know, is it "Fathers' Day" - a day for all dads or "Father's Day" - like Mr AWOL's special day. Well, grammar can wait, because the sentiment around here was definitely one of celebrating our special Dad. He manages to always ensure that we know we are number one in his book, despite the hectic nature of his Active Duty Army life.

Nonetheless, I was still impressed by the rigor of this guy's breakfast-in-bed request! Viv and I had to bust out a Croissant-Egg-American-Cheese-Bacon Sandwich and there had to be a latte and o.j. to boot! We met the challenge. Here they are in bed together all before 0700 - thanks to exuberant Viv's excitement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he he heheee so awesome!!! But you failed to meet his request of Barry Manilow at the dinner table, didn't you? It's ok. I heard he had the flu that weekend anyways.
love you guys!!!