Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The German approach

This afternoon I had my last appointment with my OB/GYN before she starts the induction of birth on Monday. She assures me that New Guy is not larger than 7.5 lbs and that his heartbeat is "happy" --- her words. I will go in to the hospital on Saturday just for twenty minutes of fetal monitoring, and then if nothing has happened naturally by Monday morning I will take an oral dosage of Cytotec to try and induce labor. They will not resort to Pitocin until several days later, for which I am grateful. Nonetheless, I am not looking forward to this chemical kick-off to my first attempted natural labor and delivery, so please send your prayers for a natural start to labor within the next few days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray! But I already know this is going to be an awesome birth. Hang in there!

The W. D's said...

I'm not sure if you check your yahoo mail still, but I just sent you an email about Cytotec. Hope you get it. IF not, email me and I'll tell you what it said :-)

Anonymous said...

God bless, KC!!!! Hope the little one joins us in the world really soon!! :)

Unknown said...

I'm thinking of you lady! I will keep my fingers crossed for you to start all on your own. Your babies like it in there:)