Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers' Day

I didn't have the presence of mind to snap a picture, but I would like to proclaim to the world that I was presented with homemade crepes, filled with fresh whipped cream and raspberries, accompanied by a caramel latte for my Mothers' Day brunch. The taste of these creations rivaled that of crepes I have eaten at a cafe in Paris on the back of the Seine River. I say this not to name-drop, but, rather, to laud my Renaissance Man of a husband.

I will tell you, though, these crepes and espresso tasted far sweeter than any restaruant could ever produce. The magic ingredient to this mother's palate was the sweet sounds of an eager 5-year-old daughter at her father's side.... learning the small and large steps of coordinating a perfect meal for a loved one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahha thats awesome! when you guys come to visit, i'll take you down the street to IHop for crepes. Then we'll swing by Starbucks for the rest of the stuff. How's that for appreciation?

Hilary K. said...

You know, I like crepes and caramel drinks. This stinks. You need to move closer!!