Thursday, July 1, 2010

Soild Food


Vivian has been so excited to introduce solid foods to the young Clark and I told her that this is the week. She has been so patient. She waited for me to make a special trip the Wednesday morning Farmers' market in order to shop for beautiful carrots and squash for our little man's first vegetable puree. She helped me steam the veggies and food process them. She even made a picture of what she anticipated the feeding being like. Unfortunately, her anticipation has yielded very little fruit thus far. Clark is less-than-impressed with the idea of eating off of a spoon. I am a firm believer in offering each item at least ten times before giving up, so we are tinkering right now. A little runnier and with some brown rice cereal and milk seemed a bit tastier to him last night.

Nonetheless, this would all be much more tiresome and frustrating if it weren't for the 5.5-yr.-old jubilation with which it is all accompanied, so thank you, Big Girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats so awesome. I love the picture. "YAY!" hahha go Viv!

Aunt Karen E said...

What fun! I never had this much fun with my sister -- just changing diappers.

Fresh Footprints said...

Love the picture Vivian! How much longer in Germany do you guys have? It would be fun to see you all again sometime. Your family is beautiful!
Lisa