Cake-flavor aside, we now have a six-year-old in our midst. Grown-out bangs, a penchant for patent leather shoes, fluid reading and a love for her younger brothers like you could never imagine. To have had an eldest daughter before the melee of the boyz (yes, she did folks) hit our family was a blesssing whose worth I couldn't possibly have understood at the time, but for which I am now thankful daily. Viv is my Saturday morning farmers' market buddy, my kitchen dance party protegé and my eager learner. Her questions are already beginning to stump me and we have only ventured into 1st grade homeschool. Girl, I can only imagine what the future holds for you. We love you.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
37 Years Old Today
Vivian and Ethan celebrated their tandem fest day today. The birthday GIRL's cake request was for cheesecake - half cherry topped and half chocolate chip topped. Her loving father stood by quietly while I prepared this cake and then ate only the smallest piece. Turns out he doesn't really dig cheesecake. He and Viv have agreed to request pumpkin pie next year.

Cake-flavor aside, we now have a six-year-old in our midst. Grown-out bangs, a penchant for patent leather shoes, fluid reading and a love for her younger brothers like you could never imagine. To have had an eldest daughter before the melee of the boyz (yes, she did folks) hit our family was a blesssing whose worth I couldn't possibly have understood at the time, but for which I am now thankful daily. Viv is my Saturday morning farmers' market buddy, my kitchen dance party protegé and my eager learner. Her questions are already beginning to stump me and we have only ventured into 1st grade homeschool. Girl, I can only imagine what the future holds for you. We love you.
Cake-flavor aside, we now have a six-year-old in our midst. Grown-out bangs, a penchant for patent leather shoes, fluid reading and a love for her younger brothers like you could never imagine. To have had an eldest daughter before the melee of the boyz (yes, she did folks) hit our family was a blesssing whose worth I couldn't possibly have understood at the time, but for which I am now thankful daily. Viv is my Saturday morning farmers' market buddy, my kitchen dance party protegé and my eager learner. Her questions are already beginning to stump me and we have only ventured into 1st grade homeschool. Girl, I can only imagine what the future holds for you. We love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahah I never even knew he disliked cheesecake to that extent! I love the animal candle train. Actually I love the cake too. yumo. Looks like an awesome night :)
Post a Comment