Amazing. That is it. My husband and I were blessed with the opportunity to renew our marriage vows this morning. At an 0800 Mass in a crypt chapel at Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome, we stood there and said "I do" all over again.
Our marriage was a sacramental one. It is forever. We were not messing around on Sep. 6, 2003 when we said we do. It is really forever. I thank my Church. I thank my Church for having the timeless wisdom to know that humans are weak and there are moments when I need to have no choice - it is forever. So, as we stood in that intimate chapel, we were just feet from the burial place of Saint Peter, the first pope, Christ's vicar. We were also near the tomb of John Paul II, recently beatified pope of the majority of our lives - I felt a part of something huge and sacred and eternal. Saying yes again, with all the life and experience that seven years has entailed, was really a no-brainer. Yes, Babe, YES YES YES!
Friday, January 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
like the last line of Ulysses, "...yes I said yes I will Yes."
also, you look so grown up in your pic! congrats on your renewal; i remember the first time so well!
you guys look awesome! p90x! Marriage squared! Whaaaaat!
I love that you did this. Marvelous.
Post a Comment