Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Trip to Stuttgart





Daddy is gone again, so when a friend in Stuttgart called and invited the kids and I down for a few days - we went!

Now, this American family is livin' the German life. Wow. We had a wonderful time. The next time she is willing to have my one-year-old son attempt to ride on her one-year-old son like a horse, we hope to go back as a family. These friends of ours have only lived in Stuttgart for several months, but they live in a beautiful German house on a narrow street in a small town about 20 km from Stuttgart itself. We enjoyed German pastries that they brought home from their morning walk to the bus stop, we celebrated two birthdays, I got in trouble for parking my Ameri-van in someone else's spot (who knew? It looked like the side of the road to me!), we strolled through the sunny town for hours with five children in tow, we bought fresh farm eggs from a hen house and left our money in a box, the sun was plentiful, as was the good conversation. Lovely, wonderful, smashing. I am proud of you Babblers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! The architecture out there is so impressive. I can't wait to see it first hand. Love the pictures of you and Seth and Viv and her friend.

Alex said...

Stuttgart looks beautiful. We are envious of any friends who live within practical visiting distance of you!