Sunday, March 8, 2009

Catch-Up

The pilot has returned after a four-day jaunt in England and I am sighing a big ol' sigh this time. Don't know what it was, it was just tough on me this time. Nonetheless, we got to pick him up at an Air Force Base this afternoon and all have pizza together tonight and all feels right in the world.

Nonetheless, I am downloading the camera from the last week and it is funny to see all the images together of what it is like to have pure, unadulterated V and S for 96 hours:

(hover mouse over picture to see caption)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hear you! Charlie left a week ago and is gone for 2 more. YIKES! It seems as though I take lots of pictures when he is gone. They (kids)sure do keep us busy!

Alex said...

Firstly, you are my Blogger hero. I don't know how you inserted this slide show here, but it is really cool.

Secondly, we believe you when you say that it is tough being a single parent during E's jaunts around the world (ha, as though they were pleasure rides...), but you sure do make it look fun for V and S. Green eggs and ham?! What a super mom! Perhaps Viv can lend you her costume for a while? (By the way, what is the story with Supergirl at story hour? Was it a dress-up story hour or was this Viv's prerogative? I am tempted to think the latter:)

We cannot believe what a little man Seth has become. It must be a secondary effect of all the harmful chemicals he plays with. And what personality! He is welcome to come over to our house and ruin our big kid fun whenever he likes.

We miss you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My baby friend Seth, you and I could go miles together with chemicals. I have a history of ingesting Deacon. yes, Deacon. My small human giant, my parents told me that this wonderful rat killing toxin is cleverly crafted of sweetly lethal chemicals, which I shared with our friendly family pet. They made me eat ipecac afterwards, which makes you vomit uncontrollably (the dog also had to suffer this punitive remedy), and I do not recommend this, so I encourage you to please instead find the joy of fruits and veggies, because I would very much enjoy loving you for a very long life of greatness.
Vivian, Princess of Superheroes, Talking Locomotives, and Blackbelt amphibians- You and I shall soon cook together. Tonight I prepared a chicken, green pepper, carrot, and onion stirfry. I think this is better than fish, but am willing to try anything once, so prepare yourself for a cook-off. PS. Cuteness will not factor into the judging, which means that we will begin on a level playing field. Love and miss you all tremendously!