Anyhow, I will be getting an ultrasound every four weeks during this pregnancy and here is a shot of the new guy giving a "thumbs up" to life in the womb:
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Not Twins
Today I had my first appointment with my German OB/GYN. She is a female and went to medical school in New Orleans, so her English is perfect. We have a nice rapport, and I was impressed with how much time she spent with me. After all, I am only 12.5 weeks pregnant and I have a history of non-complicated pregnancies (praise God). In the States I had a hard time getting more than ten minutes with any of my docs before delivery day.
Anyhow, I will be getting an ultrasound every four weeks during this pregnancy and here is a shot of the new guy giving a "thumbs up" to life in the womb:
It was really touching to see such a young baby moving and thriving. I have been offering up prayers for the victims of abortion with renewed fervor ever since I saw our new guy inside me this morning. Please join me in doing the same, because a 12-week-old fetus is alive and well, and happy to stay that way.
Anyhow, I will be getting an ultrasound every four weeks during this pregnancy and here is a shot of the new guy giving a "thumbs up" to life in the womb:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Congrats, the baby looks great for 12 weeks and I love the thumbs up. Yes, everyone should see a baby thriving like this at 12 weeks. I remember with Ava being 10 wks and 2 days at an internal ultrasound and she was moving all about. Amazing!
I see the baby skeletor!!!! I'm getting old/frail/soft because this whole post just made me misty. Not just the idea of the aborted babies, but the picture of your little baby and knowing that this amazing little being is just nesting away, preparing to jolt all of us with many more of the anecdotes and developmental intricacies baby's siblings have awed us with... Unfortunately, my prayers come in the form of shots of whiskey at times like this, so I'm off to synagogue now....(just kidding! doing homework allll night!!)
PS, with this new photo, is Judge Judy (aka my brother) still being a skeptic???
aww, fantastic! I'm so glad everything is going well for you. Hope you are feeling great. Do you plan to find out the sex or let it be a surprise?
apparently I set up a blogger acct. before with a different password and whenever I log in wrong it posts my stuff with a random screenname. So...all that to say the last comment was from me! :-)
I get chills every time I see a baby picture like this. Isn't life amazing?! As you say, we just need to pray that everyone realizes that these beautiful little ones do, in fact, constitute "life," if even a stage of it entirely dependent on the love and nourishment of the mother. (hey, I still often feel like I am experiencing a stage of major dependence on the love and nourishment of my mother...)
I am so excited that you have that little babe happily nesting inside of you.
Hello! I can't even remember exactly how I came across your blog. I linked from somewhere to building cathedrals to here...
Anyway we are expats and I just looked on a map and we are only about 100 miles from you! It feels funny because most blogs that I read are from women across the ocean. :)
Anyway, congratulations on the new baby!!
Awwww....shucks! Finally! I'm so happy for all of you. Even though my brother only calls when his "Spidey-sense" tingles to let him know when I'm not home, I still love and miss you guys like crazy. Congratulations!!!!
Post a Comment