Thursday, May 27, 2010

Homeschool Music Class

I doubt that the Catholic-hymn writer Dan Schutte has ever seen his beautiful hymn "River of Glory" performed in this way:

a naked 2 year-old and his videographer 5-year-old sister in front of an Imac computer playing his song.

(chorus lyrics are, "River of Glory, springs of our birth, flood of God's riches poured on the Earth. We are born from the darkness and clothed in the light, we are bathed in the glory of God.)

1 comment:

Alex said...

This is the greatest! This has always been one of my favorite hymns, and now I will not be able to sing it without the feeling the upending joy of our Godson in this video. I love the way he separates each word of the song, that smile of his, that little bottom, the fact that he is, quite literally, "clothed in the light." This made my day. Thanks for catching it on tape and prodiving back-up vocals, Viv!