This evening we finally visited the much-talked-about Mainz Volkspark, or "People's Park". There is the most inventively fun children's splash park I have ever visited. Chlorinated, safe, suitable for all ages and totally free. Yet again I am struck by the paradox of how well German culture understands and caters to its children and the country's sadly dropping birth rate. What a waste. Well, we will do our American family best to soak it up while we are here.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Mainz Volkspark
This evening we finally visited the much-talked-about Mainz Volkspark, or "People's Park". There is the most inventively fun children's splash park I have ever visited. Chlorinated, safe, suitable for all ages and totally free. Yet again I am struck by the paradox of how well German culture understands and caters to its children and the country's sadly dropping birth rate. What a waste. Well, we will do our American family best to soak it up while we are here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is it really that the German birthrate is dropping- or is it that the community is dropping below the surface, like into sub-earth tunneling systems...Why is this question popping into my head? i don't know. I hope I get to see that park though because that looks like fun
Post a Comment