
In our college days, I looked to most of the women on
this blogfor inspiration and support in my growth as a Catholic young woman. Nonetheless, I always felt like I was the one running into Bible Study late, or falling short in my lifestyle choices. Now, here I am, five years later, and I again find inspiration and support from all of you across the distance. I truly believe that God has guided my life into the position it is now, so that I find myself out of the Army and at home with two children and a husband who need me to be their rock. The military will continue to guide our lives for the next many years, but with me at home as a mommy it will no longer have the power to reek havoc on our lives as it did with two Army officer parents. I am ready to focus all my efforts on building beautiful cathedrals in the eyes of my children and husband. I love you ladies, for finding the time to create such an inspiring blog. Cheers!
3 comments:
Hi Awol Mommy,
Wow, so great to see your family. I can't believe it has been 7 years since we were together in Bible Study!!! Crazy how time flies. My little one is 8 weeks old now, baby Augustine. He was 10lbs 13oz at birth--a big boy.
I just saw that your little one was born on 1/25, which is my other son's birthday (Charlie 1/25/06)! So funny.
My daughter Gianna will be 4 at the end of March. Life is busy, but so fun.
Anyway, can't wait to reconnect online. I'm so glad you are out of the military and home with the kiddos. I'm sure it will be an adjustment--but so fun to focus on building cathedrals.
Love,
Red
Red,
This is off topic, but I know you are a good one to come to on this. I had a friend (mainline Protestant, but I am not above sending her hard core Catholic material) who miscarried recently. She has a husband in Iraq and I can only imagine the loneliness she is experiencing right now. Do you have any resources you can recommend that I can float her way?
Another non sequitur - are you going to homeschool Gianna? Oh, and I am going to try your brussel sprout recipe this week. We will see how that goes. I owe you follow-up.
My 3 year old twins just looked at your picture and asked, why is she scared? It doesn't occur to them that there could be anything scary about either a) having a baby or b)being at home or c)deciding to write about your home life on the internet! To them, this all just seems normal now! Place value is calling me, gotta run!
Post a Comment