Friday, July 25, 2008

Female SEAL in the family

So Vivian just finished two weeks of swim lessons, this time as a "seal," one level up from the "otters" of June fame. She was the youngest one in her class by a couple years, it was impressive to see her step up to challenges like going off diving boards (she was lowered in by the arms after two substantial freakouts) and going down the tube water slide (several times in a teacher's lap and then finally solo). Nonetheless, her instructor recommends that she stick with seals until she masters a few more skills that will help her in dolphins. I am just relieved to no longer have to have her and her brother at the pool across town by 0800 M-Th! Good job , Seal.

2 comments:

Logger Blogger Mom said...

I am so proud of my little SEAL! Can't wait to take you out in our "yacht" on Lake Pend Oreille. Maybe we can both jump in....with life jackets on.

Alex said...

Way to go, Viv! That girl's got guts. She's the cutest seal I have seen to date--I love her countenance in this photo. The shape of her eyebrows makes me melt.