Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas in Bavaria


Grandma and Grandpa McWatters and Aunty Quinn made the trans-Atlantic trek for Christmas in Germany. We spent a portion of their time in Southern Germany at a family-run inn outside of Bertchesgaden.

The rooms were quaint, the proprieters well... German and the meals were served family-style in the dining room downstairs. We had intended to get in more snowboarding than we did, as the snow did not arrive until our last day there, but we managed a few hours while Grandma and Grandpa kept the kiddos (thank you, Mom and Dad). On the one evening with snow, we even gave Viv her first shot at skiing.

Colorado didn't have this many T-bars, I needed private tutoring from Spouse


Shreddin' Spouse
Grandma always had to share her desserts

I think this is a vacation I would like to repeat in about 25 years when I do not have a squirming 11 month old to control in a dining room for 1.5 hours while a multiple course meal is served. But, memories were made, no question about that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics, per norm! I love this one of Seth bent over backwards. Like he's saying, "yeah, and? I've not even STARTED causing trouble yet". Also, love pics of brother boarding and Viv's first attempt!!
I hope she was a better student than I!!! :)

Alex said...

Yes! The Loefferts are back and are sharing delicious tastes of their Christmas! It looks like a colorful and entertaining one, at the very least. I cannot imagine 90 minute sit-down meals with a 1 year-old. You and Ethan deserve a gold star of parenting. So glad the snow finally arrived, if even at the very last moment.

Tell your husband that it looks like he carves snow even better than he does pre-cooked turkey. Yeah, dawg.