Today, while creating play dough masterpieces with Vivian, I had an enjoyable moment. We have this plastic Shrek head that has spaces for 20 or so teeth that one is supposed to make out of play dough and then put in his mouth. You have to make a tongue too, and then there are all sorts of dentist tools that come with it, for pulling out the cavities, or drilling into teeth or whatever. Kids love this thing. They love it. However, the point of this vignette is different.
At one point in her happy jibber jabber Vivian said, "Mommy, what about a bluetooth?" I had a very adult brain freeze when I heard that phrase and it conjured images of the wireless earpieces and various electronica seen on the streets of NYC and elsewhere rather than the doughy blue tooth she was extending toward me. I had to smile to myself as I wondered how many of my P'ton Class of 2003 classmates would use the phrase "bluetooth" in my context, rather than the more mainstream. I have to admit, I feel monstrously blessed that it is a playdough tooth in my world. Thank you, God, for giving me what I didn't know I needed, but love more daily.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love these moments, which illuminate with such clarity exactly where you are, and help you to realize that you are just where you want to be. Good for you for being open to the self-recognition and for channeling the realization into gratitude. You are inspiring.
So funny, too, that it would all come about this way, over Shrek's play-dough dentition. You never know...
Post a Comment